As the government of India made it mandatory to link aadhar to mobile number by March 31st 2018..
UIDAI has rolled out OTP based verification system using which you can link your mobile numbers with Aadhaar from your home.
This method of verification has come into act since January 1st, 2018 (i.e. since yesterday). The process is very simple, users who still haven’t linked the Aadhaar with the mobile number (that’s around 50 crores) can call up the IVR that would complete the process through a one-time password (OTP).
The IVR verification supports all the regional languages
Users who need to verify their mobile number can follow these steps
- Call the IVR number 14546 (toll free)
- Accept your consent to link your Aadhaar number with your mobile number
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Accept your consent for it to fetch your name, DOB and Address linked to your mobile number
- Enter OTP that you have received through SMS
- You will get an SMS confirming the Re-verification, which also says that the process will take up to 48 hours to complete