Xiaomi has been dominating the headlines for its various new products since the launch of the new Redmis and Mi TV series. Now, a new report has surfaced which indicates towards another major device launch.
Amazon India has setup a dedicated pagefor the launch of the Redmi 5 which indicates that the phone will sell exclusively on Amazon India apart from other official Xiaomi channels. The e-commerce giant has put up a casual survey hinting towards what can be expected from the new Xiaomi smartphone.
Xiaomi’s Global VP and Managing Director of Xiaomi India, Manu Kumar Jain had also stated in a tweet that they will be launching a ‘slim, sleek and compact’ smartphone which will also be a ‘true super powerhouse’. The tweet has also given a launch date of March 14 for the new smartphone.
Redmi 5 specifications and price in India
- Redmi 5 is a dual SIM (Nano)
- Android Nougat out-of-the-box with MIUI 9 on top.
- The handset comes with a 5.7-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 282ppi pixel density.
- The Redmi 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor and comes in 2GB/ 3GB/ 4GB RAM variants. It sports 16GB/ 32GB of inbuilt storage.
- Redmi 5 comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera that has features like f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, and LED flash.
- On the front is a 5-megapixel selfie camera with a “soft-light” flash module. The front camera also features the company’s proprietary Beautify 3.0 capabilities.
- Redmi 5 smartphone is fuelled by a 3300mAh battery .
- In terms of dimensions, the handset measures 151.8×72.8×7.7mm and weighs 157 grams.
Redmi 5 price in India should be below the higher-specced Redmi Note 5 that had arrived in India at a base price of just Rs. 9,999 .